corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Misfiring/losing power 20XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Misfiring/losing power 20XE
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Sep 12 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took the car out yesterday to pick up a mate, when I was driving along it suddenly juddered and then carried on driving fine. I thought it just had a funny second and thought I'd look into it if it did it again. I got it back to his and it hadn't done it again so thought it might just have happened at random.

Anyway on the drive back home it was sounding like it was misfiring/losing power when it was held at 2K revs.

Everywhere before 2K and after 2.5K is fine it works as normal but only when it's held at 2K it misfires/ loses power.

I then drove a mate to the airport this morning which for the whole 2hour journey it didn't skip a beat.

Then I took it out half hour ago and it started doing it all again! Then I parked it up and it wouldn't start back up.

I fiddled with the wiring and HT leads and it still wouldn't start. Then once I'd left it a little bit it came back in to life

Anyway got it home and when pulling up to the house I held it at 2K to get it to do it then I gave it full throttle and it sounded like it was in a really high gear and struggling even though it was only in 2nd.

As soon as I dipped the clutch it was running fine again

Anyone got a clue what it could be?

I don't really want to be going round purchasing loads of bits that don't cure it.

I've looked at the earths for the coil and checked everything is plugged in which all looks fine as does all the wiring I can see.

Any help would be lovely.

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Sep 12 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's pulling up code 93 on the EML if that helps anyone.

Hall Effect Switch (Low Voltage)

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

New Poll