corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what happen if ...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what happen if ...
csifku

User status: Offline
5th Oct 12 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see all of u boys put better engine in ur corsas .. and some of u write that in the notebook it says the var is 1.2 but actually car is 2.0 16 v ...
If i do same for example and i dont let dvla to know that i put diff engine in it, is that would be a problem ? how they can find out ? is there any big fine or something ? THanks
one-mr-t

5th Oct 12 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will get pulled by the police and if they check ur engine and it's a 2.0 insured as a 1.2 ur car will get taken and u will get done for no insurance
JaffaTB

5th Oct 12 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only if you get a clued up copper
Joe1008

5th Oct 12 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you cant afford to insure it genuinly dont bother, if you have an accident be it your fault or not, the first thing any assessor will spot is that, which will void your insurance and youll be in a lot of shit, its not worth it...
johnhara1

5th Oct 12 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reality is that you are very very unlikely to get caught by the police or an insurance assessor.

csifku

5th Oct 12 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
The reality is that you are very very unlikely to get caught by the police or an insurance assessor.

what about even if they catch me i can say that i changed it yesterday and i sent the notebook to dvla or i recuest a new notebook or bla bla bla
Jamie-C

5th Oct 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your still uninsured.
davegreen
Premium Member

6th Oct 12 at 05:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you swap the engine even for the same size and dont notify dvla your insurance will be void in the event of and accident as its not as left factory. loads of people do engine swaps and dont notify dvla but you run the risk of loosing the lot plus more in the event of an accident. if yo fit a bigger engine your mot will also be void as could be your tax if it goes up a class. my advice is to save up, do a proper job of a conversion all the right parts, brakes etc tell dvla new mot tax and insure it correctly. my corsa c z22se costs me £500 fully comp with just 1 years no claims parked on drive, 5000 mile a year with adrian flux.
john_c20xe

9th Oct 12 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i was 18 i did my corsa c20let conversion, insurance went to group 18 and was 2k for the year limited to 2000 miles a year with adrian flux, it felt good when i copper was being you knowing you are legit.

New Poll