corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Nationwide mortgage saving scheme (part 2) Found 95% LTV!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nationwide mortgage saving scheme (part 2) Found 95% LTV!!!
A2H GO

User status: Offline
11th Jun 13 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get a 2 bed semi new build with drive for two cars and good sized gardens for £115k round here. No one wants to live in Stoke anyway though.
jr

11th Jun 13 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pricing is exactley what i got a 2 bed terrance in a village for on outskirts of maidstone for, they are out there
Ben G

11th Jun 13 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
£113k mortgage? Wtf u gonna get for that?

a place in a shithole down south, or something in need of massive renovation.

of course i can only talk about the county i live in, which i know is expensive due to it's proximity to london

can get a decent sized house in dagenham for cheap but then you need to live in a shithole.

you pays your money...
fred7

11th Jun 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive phoned yorkshire bank today and iam doing an application for a 95% mortgage. There ringing me within 2 business days. The interest is slightly higher but atleast its not dead money and im in my own house not like renting as i am now. They said the only problem i will have not been at my new work for long and im 27. They said for a 95% mortgage they like you to be over 30 and earning more than £30k i earn more than that but still only 27. I can only try anyway

[Edited on 11-06-2013 by fred7]
A2H GO

11th Jun 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much you borrowing? Surely on £30k you can afford to rent for a few more months and save another 5%?
fred7

11th Jun 13 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£120k the application is for. We have been renting for years and need to get started on the property ladder. The houses by me are going up pretty quick because of all the new jobs been made here and the houses we can afford in the areas we want go very quick for rental

[Edited on 11-06-2013 by fred7]
deano87

11th Jun 13 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Ive phoned yorkshire bank today and iam doing an application for a 95% mortgage. There ringing me within 2 business days. The interest is slightly higher but atleast its not dead money and im in my own house not like renting as i am now. They said the only problem i will have not been at my new work for long and im 27. They said for a 95% mortgage they like you to be over 30 and earning more than £30k i earn more than that but still only 27. I can only try anyway

I'm hoping, although won't be till next year, that because you have to have the savings account open for some time with Nationwide that there is smaller qualifying criteria. I certainly wasn't made aware there was.

Basic principle was that if you are entitled to a mortgage with Nationwide and have this account, they'll give you 95% LTV.

But as you say, rates quite high.
jr

12th Jun 13 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
£113k mortgage? Wtf u gonna get for that?

a place in a shithole down south, or something in need of massive renovation.

we complety rewired, re plumbed, re floored and replasted our whole house and it still didnt come to that £££

i think its to easy for people to discount houses simply because it:

1) doesnt look like your parents house
2) doesnt look like a show home

I dont work in any trade but quite comfortable did the large majority to ours and our mortgage is under 100k now, and this is a quite kent village terraced house.
fred7

12th Jun 13 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deano the rates are to you so they do change per person. The nationwide 1 is ok but ive learnt alot since opening the account. They should do more checks really before you get your hopes up and then realise you dont have a chance. It was an independent advisor i spoke to
deano87

12th Jun 13 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham88

13th Jun 13 at 03:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are these 95% mortgages quite easy to get now then? If they're quite readily available then it's quite tempting. Or is the interest so high it would be better to wait and save the other 5%? Baring in mind in the mean time I'm paying rent every month?

I was pretty much under the assumption it was 10% minimum unless it's all changed again recently without me knowing
fred7

13th Jun 13 at 05:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres very few companys that do straight forward 95% mortgages. Yorkshire BS is the biggest doing them as far as i can see without having savings account etc open for months. There hard to get and interest rate slightly higher for the fixed period then reverts to a half decent rate below 5%.
deano87

13th Jun 13 at 05:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5.86% or something like that with Nationwide.

Doing some number crunching using their online calculator only and a 10% deposit didn't make much difference.

What did was the term between 25 and 35 years. Well, not the interest rate but the monthly payment. About £90.
A2H GO

13th Jun 13 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're better going for the longest possible term to bring the payments down and then overpaying by the difference (providing youre mortgage product allows it).
fred7

13th Jun 13 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have it over the longest term to get the payments cheaper then when the fixed rate ends change to a different provider?
A2H GO

13th Jun 13 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The options there but for the last few years the SVR's been lower than any of the fixed deals anyway.
fred7

13th Jun 13 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had a call back about the 95% off yorkshire but didnt go through with the app. Im worried if it fails im fucked for 6 months to try for a 90%.
A2H GO

13th Jun 13 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, it will only show as a footprint on your credit file, not whether you were accepted or declined.
fred7

13th Jun 13 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been to a new development by me and seen a 3 bed house with the new buy or help to buy which ever is the government 1. Thinking might be better going for that. Its a house we can stay in with room to extend etc. sitting down tomorrow about it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll