corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C Issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Issues
SRI_Wig

User status: Offline
1st Jul 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey,

I picked up a Corsa C SRI 1.4 over the weekend, but I've found two issues with it. I was wondering if anyone could help me out

1.) There is oil on top of the gearbox. The owner said that it has had a service & a clutch fitted over 50 miles ago. I have check the oil colour with a rag and little bits are red (gearbox oil) and the rest is a light browny colour (engine oil?). Could it be leaking or could he of spilt it when changing the oil?

2.) There is water in the drivers side footwell. The back is really damp, but the car is parked on a sight slope. Also I found water in the wheel well, but I might of fixed that one. Any ideas? needs to get it fixed as the car is smelling damp because of it.
jeffers500
Premium Member

1st Jul 13 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The oil could be the result of a splilage, best get some engine cleaner & give the engine & box a good clean, then if its a leak you should be able to see where its coming from. Also keep an eye on the engine oil level.
Has the car got a sunroof, check all the water drain holes are clear, also check all the door seals in case they are damaged. I think the rear washer pipe runs over the roof lining, may be split where it goes into the boot lid.

Nick
SRI_Wig

1st Jul 13 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll might take it to a local play get them to steam clean it.

No sunroof. I've seen a few threads about a leak normally near the brake servo, so going to get some sealant and try that.
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Jul 13 at 05:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep brake servo for your footwell leak. Maybe the heater matrix.

Give it a good wash off under the bonnet and keep a eye on it.
SXIBrad

2nd Jul 13 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About the water leak:
It will most probably be from the brake servo, the seal rots and breaks away, allowing water to seep into the drivers footwell. I had the same problem with my C about 4 months ago.

If there is a lot of water in the car, I would reccommend taking the entire carpet out and knocking one of the bungs from the rear driver side floor out from under the car to allow water to seep out. Then put it back and refit the carpets.

You want to get it sorted ASAP though as it will discolour your carpets and cause creases in them that are terrible to get rid of!

Good luck finding it! It's usually a mixture of a keen eye and a truck load of sealant! (within reason)

[Edited on 02-07-2013 by SXIBrad]
SRI_Wig

2nd Jul 13 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's worse in the rear really. The front I only knew as when I lifted up the plastic bit with the vin no. the metal was wet, so I checked the back and when I pushed on the carpet it pooled up. But as I said the car is parked on a slight slope, so no doubt it's come from the front.

With the weather being up & down atm i'm trying to find a day it's not going to rain so I can get at the servo and get the carpet out.

Is it worth up bolting the servo or leave it in place? I've seen on a thread that someone took it out and use under seal on it. I've got a big tin full of under seal that I was going to use on my old Civic
SXIBrad

2nd Jul 13 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the water will have come in from the front.

I believe what we did was take it out, dry the area and then replace and seal around it again with a generic waterproof sealant. We didn't use under seal as it was whatever we had in the shed!
SRI_Wig

3rd Jul 13 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got some waterproof sealant, so i'm going to get the scuttle panel off tomorrow and then get the carpets out.

Could the oil/fluid be from the engine mount on that side? I ask because when I pull away or go over bumps I can hear a knock/bang on the passenger side at the top and i'm thinking it could be the mount on that side.
SXIBrad

3rd Jul 13 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The oil, have you completely cleaned it all off and then left it a day or so to see if it comes back?

I am not 100% sure on whether it could be from the engine mount. It's worth a check around that area if it is knocking.
SRI_Wig

3rd Jul 13 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just come back from Liverpool and there is even more oil all over the gearbox and even as high up at the engine mount bolts :/

I've now even got a P0400 error code as the engine light came on!

i'm not liking this Corsa all ready

New Poll