corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Clio: electronic fault light and loss of drive/power after installing aftermarket headunit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clio: electronic fault light and loss of drive/power after installing aftermarket headunit
gooner_47

User status: Offline
1st Dec 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Installed a Pioneer Deh-X8600BT, used a Connects2 stalk adapter with a Pioneer patch lead. Everything worked perfectly.

Went for a short drive today, and on the way home the buttons on the steering wheel started controlling different functions. The volume buttons would stop the music altogether, and the wheel on the back would control the volume rather than switching track.

Closer to home, as I turned into my road I lost power/drive and had to pull over. The electronic fault light on the dash was on.

Removed stereo and Connects2 lead, tried the ignition and no more warning light. Refitted the Pioneer unit, now all is working perfectly again.

Anyone had this before? It's fine now, but it was when I first installed it until I went for a drive. I can't see how it could be wired incorrectly, the blocks can only fit into the loom one way :/

New Poll