corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gear Linkage Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gear Linkage Problem
KiZZER

User status: Offline
8th Feb 14 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problems with my Corsa at the moment where putting into 1st or 2nd it occasionally does not go into gear, it seems to be blocked by something, ill let it out & then back in it goes again, but this only happens at odd times? Also sometimes putting into reverse crunches if that means anything? I reckon its the gear linkage, im trying to find a replacement but seems hard to find one for a Corsa B, would any of the items below resolve this problem? Im sure other people have come across this as I know its a common issue with Corsas

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Corsa-B-Combo-tigra-modified-gear-linkage-/271393539928?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVauxhall&hash=item3f3050c758

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-CORSA-B-RACE-CAR-RALLY-CAR-QUICK-SHIFT-GEAR-LINKAGE-/131109692539?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e86bf247b

Also, what obvious signs would tell me that my gear linkage is worn or on its way out?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th Feb 14 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your clutch adjusted ok? Whenever I've had problems with gear selection it's been due to the clutch needing adjustment. Is the biting point near the floor?
KiZZER

9th Feb 14 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well ive adjusted the clutch cable a few times & the problem still happens, biting point is near the floor due to adjusting it so many times its gradually lowered each time, but the problem occured when my biting point was higher?
PurpleDrumstick

11th Feb 14 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest this is quite a common problem with a lot of vauxhalls from 90's/2000's. change the gear oil, adjust the clutch so its just above the brake pedal then give it a go. might find the clutch is wearing though

New Poll