corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how do i fit mesh?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how do i fit mesh?
watson 1.416v

User status: Offline
13th Nov 03 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the best way of fitting cheap mesh instead of buying a new grill? ne ideas?
Graham

13th Nov 03 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite i asked this a while back n not alot of people responded, however i will. First of all if ure gonna go with summit like ripseed dont!!, it falls apart when u cut it. go with foliatec ive herd its pretty good. All u really need to do is toplace the mesh behind the grill holder (jus in front of the radiator, and mark out where ure gonna cut it. But another problem, u can either take the whole bumper off and then use the screw places to ifx on the mesh using large washers, or jus tie-wrap it onto the holes (ill post pics later). Then when cutting it u can leave it behind the old grill space but there will b slots where the old grill slotted in or u can place them into these slots ureself. it really isnt that hard jus a bit time consumin to cut the mesh, if all else fails go n buy a Kamei grill for about 95 quid.
Sparco

13th Nov 03 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is fiddly and can be annoying but out of a 15 quid piece of mesh i managed top and bottom grill on my post 97 bumper. I marked out the size then added a cm or 2 round the edge which i bent back a the sides so that it could be mastik'd in, also zip tied it at bottom to origional holes.

New Poll