corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Diesel tuning

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Diesel tuning
gibspeed

User status: Offline
7th Apr 04 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just about to buy a corsa b and considering everything have decided to narrow search between 1.416v or a 1.7dt.

i have started planning engine mods for when i get one

1.416v - Mantzel inlet manifold, enclosed filter BMC or similar, manifold and sports cat, full janspeed exhaust with traight through centre section and chip. should come in at around 2.5k

if i go for the diesel

1.7td - oil cooler, larger radiator, intercooler, exhaust, filter, hybrid turbo and remapped ecu, should be similar price again.

what i want to know is what the power outputs would be after this if its close i will go for diesel as more torque, better for day to day or will the 16v be alot more???
Ditch

7th Apr 04 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a 1.6 16valve and just dont tune it

will cost less and be more re-liable
bubble

7th Apr 04 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gibspeed
Just about to buy a corsa b and considering everything have decided to narrow search between 1.416v or a 1.7dt.

i have started planning engine mods for when i get one

1.416v - Mantzel inlet manifold, enclosed filter BMC or similar, manifold and sports cat, full janspeed exhaust with traight through centre section and chip. should come in at around 2.5k

if i go for the diesel

1.7td - oil cooler, larger radiator, intercooler, exhaust, filter, hybrid turbo and remapped ecu, should be similar price again.

what i want to know is what the power outputs would be after this if its close i will go for diesel as more torque, better for day to day or will the 16v be alot more???

no 1.7dt engine for the corsa b unfortunately. but as a whole diesel tuning is more beneficiary that petrol tuning. ie 25bhp for about £390
M4rk P

7th Apr 04 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.5td and i got from 67bhp - 95bhp in 40 mins and only costing £7. my bro got 99bhp aswell. thats without an intercooler. you can easily get 125Bhp from a 1.5td spending under £80.
red_12v

7th Apr 04 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M4rk P
i have a 1.5td and i got from 67bhp - 95bhp in 40 mins and only costing £7. my bro got 99bhp aswell. thats without an intercooler. you can easily get 125Bhp from a 1.5td spending under £80.

are they still reliable when u do that ? suppose fueling ok but boost pressure = headgasket ?

bubble

7th Apr 04 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more reliable than petrol when tuned
M4rk P

7th Apr 04 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine has a overboost valve, it releases the pressure if the car is running over 1.25bar i think.
Kris TD

8th Apr 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had my td running 99 bhp for 2 years now, its done 146 k and not had a single problem with the engine.

as for the other plans you had
1. you cant chip the corsa b diesel as its mechanically controlled.
2. no point getting a bigger radiator as the one on it is enormous anyway and is perfectly up to the job for running big power. people tend to use the td rad on the 2l turbo conversions.
induction kit works really well, as does a straight through exhaust,
intercooler works well too, i got an enormous one to fit too mine along with gas flowed head and bigger injectors, should be about 125-130 bhp when its all on cost me hardly anything to buy that lot too.
Kris TD

8th Apr 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the td also has a pressure release safety valve, stops you turning the boost up to much.

New Poll