corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » BACKBOX VS SYSTEM-->Which though?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BACKBOX VS SYSTEM-->Which though?
calidus

User status: Offline
   13th Apr 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite theres thaaaaasands of exhausts to choose from from everywhere, bastuck,BFO,magnex,janspeed,scorpion,remus, supersprint,piper etc and I dont know which way to go!!! I think I will get a full system, even though it will cost a lil more im hoping to go for a bit or a gruntier note,I wudnt mind seeing a few extra shetland ponies in my sxi 16v stable either so would like some help pleeeeeeeeease!!! I want a traditional round tailpipe or a 6x4 or would settle for a twin square etc, dont fancy a slash cut jobbie- any info would be great as its like trying to paint a fart deciding on quality n sound n performance n lookf etc
Ditch

13th Apr 04 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no power goins to be made here without manifold and full system

Id stick with getting the look / sound you want
WARPED

13th Apr 04 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a full magnex stainless system off here for 100 quid including set of lowering springs

check out classifieds for a cheap full system, much better than just back box
mike_southside

13th Apr 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was told, not if it applys to vauxhalls but a full system could really fu*k up your engine if you dont uprate the engine mounts and sort out the ignition timing resulting in a loss of horse power. which in away does make sense because the engine is not designed for a straight through pipe. but u do get a better sound with a full system! worth find out from somebody who knows more.
cheers mike
WARPED

13th Apr 04 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a full system dont worry bout ur engine mounts or ignition timing they shud be fine

all systems are pretty good so just see what turns up in the classifieds
Corsa^Dan

13th Apr 04 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike_southside
i was told, not if it applys to vauxhalls but a full system could really fu*k up your engine if you dont uprate the engine mounts and sort out the ignition timing resulting in a loss of horse power. which in away does make sense because the engine is not designed for a straight through pipe. but u do get a better sound with a full system! worth find out from somebody who knows more.
cheers mike

would only apply if u went mad and put a 3.5" onit

New Poll