corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How easy would it be to...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How easy would it be to...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
19th May 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How easy would it be to set up a temperature guage in the inlet pipe (inbetween say air filter + AFM) so I can see what temperature the air coming into my engine is... and how do you rig it up so it can be displayed on a dash or something?

how much would this cost me to do as if its a lot it'll be pointless, just wanted to see how much it differed when say its a hot day, cold night + me trying a couple of air ducting ideas...
Adam-D

19th May 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bout £20 max i think you need a sensor a display wiring is cheap and a power source to run it

ask ross or a.k theyll know theyve done it on the gt's
miles

19th May 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting a temp prob that responds quickly and doesn't suffer from heat soak might be hard. Although I guess that would apply to turbo's more, and for a rough indication it wouldn't matter.

Not sure what you can use though, I've got a spa dual digital boost gauge in my Calibra turbo, it has the digital boost presure and a temperature function, i was going to use it for inlet temp but going to use it for oil temp now.
Mattb

19th May 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ miles where did ya get that puppy from mate, im after somthing similar for the turbo, cheers
miles

19th May 04 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.spa-direct.co.uk/instruments/dualgauges.htm

It was in the car when I bought it but they come from here. Sexy little things, Walace performance sell them but seem to add about £50 to the price!

SPA give an excellent service as well.

New Poll