corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Power cap problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Power cap problems
oztek astra

User status: Offline
13th Sep 04 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite i have a legacy power car in line with my directed 2400d amp and l7 kicker subs and have a problem of when the power cap is fitted i have good voltage going into cap but poor voltage out, and the amp does not run. but if i connect power cable straight to amp then all works fine. i dont know what the the problem is. thought it may have been a dud battery as the cap was reading 7.2v but put in a brand new fully charged battery and i have the same problem. any help on the matter would be great. as im really stuck now. thanx.
corsa_x_15

14th Sep 04 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you might need a more powerfull cap mate...wots urs ??? 1 farad, 1.5 farad....etc

wot does ur astra look like ??
ive probably seen u about !

chris
Dom

14th Sep 04 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually you have to leave it a few minutes for the capacitor to charge mate, although personally sounds like a dub capacitor rather than the battery mate

easiest way is to see if you can borrow one from a mates or something
oztek astra

14th Sep 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 1 farad cap, gonna borrow a new cap off a m8 n try it out. corsa x 15 my astras red with gsi kit bad boy bonnet 19s n tints. have you seen me?

New Poll