corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » loss of power, help!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author loss of power, help!!
kev sxi

User status: Offline
20th Oct 04 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure i have seen this problem on here before a while ago and now its happening to my car! i have a 2000 x corsa b sxi (1.2 16v) the main problem is when im pulling out of junctions. the only way i can describe its is like when someone treads on a hose pipe and then takes their foot off. it saps the power and then all of a sudden gets a surge. its getting on my nerves now. could it be my pipercross filter been too dirty or maybe because i have en extended bonnet and the grille plastic welded, so not enough cold air is getting in. the car has only done 32,000? any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

kev
brummiesxi

20th Oct 04 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sxi was doin the same, could be your induction kit sucking in hot air if its not shielded, i put my standard air box on, hasent done it since!
Tom_1.216v

20th Oct 04 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have same engine, don't know wat it is tho!
cars goin in for a diagnostic test on friday. becasue the light came on a while ago and jsut getting round to sortin it out!
also car sounds like a tractor and is so unpwered aswell. doesnt feel nice to drive!
bazzer72

6th Jul 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got the exact same problem, same car, same year, and I dont know what it is either. I dont have an induction kit or any engine mods. I'm going to put mine in for a service to see if that helps, My car has only done 29,000 miles so am at a loss
chucky-cc

6th Jul 08 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also get that same problem, same engine! ive got use to it now, although it never happends when i have a full tank. it might be the lamba sensor. but who knows. good luck.

New Poll