corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Servicing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Servicing
purple_corsa_gls

User status: Offline
31st Oct 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you check when you're doing a 3 month service and is it easy enough for a pleb with no idea on enginey things to do ?

Cheers
modded_corsa

31st Oct 04 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you dont no much about cars...(engine....brakes....etc).....than i would take it to a garage.....

but things to check are:

*Brakes - check brake pads aint too low....check discs for signs of corrosion...and to see if pads are makin full contact with disc (to check this just look for shiney surface were the pads touches on both sides of the disc...if theres any sign of rust on the brake discs......then alomost certainly will need changing

*Engine And Engine Bay - check for any signs of oil leaks on engine and gearbox....check underneath the car aswell for the leaks....check all fluid levels...(Windscreen Washer Fluid, Brake Fluid, Power Steering Fluid, Engine Oil Level & Coolant)......check the air filter....if it looks pretty new with hardly any dust or foreign objects contaminating the filter then theres no need to change it......check spark plugs.....check the gap on them.....then get a fine wire brush and clean the electrodes on the end of the spark plug and place them back into the head of the engine

i could write on forever about wot to check etc.....but i cant be arsed writing anymore.....please feel free to U2U me any queeries you mite have about anything though
purple_corsa_gls

31st Oct 04 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank you very much. a trip to the garage this week then!!!

If i were to have a haynes manual (or something like that) should all of the above be easy enough?

[Edited on 31-10-2004 by purple_corsa_gls]
Visionz

2nd Nov 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Servicing a car is piss easy
Picking up on all the faults and possible problems is the difficult bit.

If u wanna save cash, service it yourself and then just send it into a garage thats doing free healthchecks

New Poll