corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine issues
ra5ax

User status: Offline
   10th Dec 04 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.2 corsa ls p reg and am only getting a top speed of between 80 -90-mph with the timing advanced when the timing is set to its correct position the top speed is about 65-70mph none of the garages ive been to have been able to sort the problem and im sure it should do more than 80-90 as i have a friend with a 1.0litre version and she destroys my power can anyone help i have fitted a scorpion backbox and a k&n induction kit but no other engine mods have been done it is lowered 60mm on 15's but i wouldnt of thought this would make a huge difference it has done 65000miles cheers
AK

10th Dec 04 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are the plugs and leads ok? is the filter clean? Do you have heaps of ICE?

and yes.... they are really slow cars
Corsa^Dan

10th Dec 04 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh mate dont look for much more outa it... my gets 95 on a good day. had 104 out of it tho.. downhill.

they only have 45bhp
Greg_M

10th Dec 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 1 liter is a faster car thats why
mjw_2k2

10th Dec 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same problem here mate only mine has only just started to happen, so must be problem somewhere but im gonna change oil and flush engine, and coolant etc on weekend so il see if that improves it, at the moment it wont go over 80 and ive only added a peco dtm backbox and 14" alloys aint touched engine tho,
ra5ax

11th Dec 04 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was told that at the back of vauxhall engines there is a breather holewhich is notorious for getting blocked the only problem is i tried to fix the problem by cleaning it the other day and i couldnt find the breather hole atall i think this might be garage bollocks trying to fob me off but it might be worth a go to sort yours out it should be at the back of the engine where the large ipe attachs under the injectors if anyone knows different let me know i have recently just had a full service so i beleive the leads etc are all good but thanks i double check let you know if it helps

New Poll