corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Map Sensor/Catalyst Convertor.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Map Sensor/Catalyst Convertor.
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jul 05 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My EM Light has been flashing on and off for while now and the car looses all power when it comes on. When I come off the gas, the light goes off and it drives normally again.

I took my car for a service, and the fella said that my Cat Convertor was fubared so I took it to kwikfit and motorsave for quotes, 279 and 188 quid respectivley.

I then took my car to another garage to hook it up to a computer to read the fault, it came up with map sensor and the garage guy said around 200 quid for that.

The thing is, Ive SEEN the fcuked cat so I know it needs changing but I dunno about the map sensor.

Are the CAT and map sensor related? could the cat jigger up the sensor causing the fault code? - are they (map sensors) easily found at scrappys?

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

12th Jul 05 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not connected.

£200 for a map sensor tho

hes ripping you off

2 minuite job. £10 from a scrappy.
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Jul 05 at 00:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ok cheers, are they engine specific or will any Ecotec one work?

Can I just replace that T shaped bit of tubing (One end goes to airbox, one to inlet manifold and the third to the electrics)

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Jul 05 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, off to scrappys today - can anyone identify (with a pic if possible) where the MAP sensor is on either the 1.0 or 1.2 16v Engine (they look the same)?

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll