corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » is there an acsessory setting on the ignition?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is there an acsessory setting on the ignition?
RKS

User status: Offline
16th Oct 05 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trying to find someway of powering my stereo and dvd, but I dont want it on a permanent live, but also dont want to have 2 turn the ignition all the way on,

but I cannot seem to find anything that is inbetween off and on,

i assume there is no setting in the corsa?
infinitycorsa

16th Oct 05 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

run a live feed through form the battery making sure it is fused correctly, job done

u can find a live on the wire loom were the stereo is nut i wouldnd hack into that beacause the wire loom may or may not take that through the fuse pannel
RKS

16th Oct 05 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont want it on a permanent live,

I want to be able to turn the ignition on one click, and the radio will come on, then another click for the ignition to be on,

like the fords do
craig8
Premium Member

16th Oct 05 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like youve not swapped the red and yellow wires if your getting your sterio to turn on without the key put to the first click?

E36 328
RKS

17th Oct 05 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, my stereo and everything is working perfectly,

it stores all of my stations and EQ info,

but you have to turn the ignition all the way on for anything to come on, which gives power to the coilpack, fuel pump, etc etc,

what I want is to turn the ignition to an accessory setting and the radio comes on, much like fords do.
Richie

17th Oct 05 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right then that means that the ignition live off your headunit is being supplied from an incorrect feed, the IG2 feed.

Either that or the contact for the IG1 feed is damaged inside the ignition barrel so when it turns again the IG2 feed powers everything else. (Does happen)

New contact end for a corsa is about 12 quid, Id give it a shot.
RKS

18th Oct 05 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like you've cracked it mate, i'll get to the scrappy this weekend see what I can get
deono

18th Oct 05 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is an accessory connection on the key switch, but it is not wired up as the factory radio didn't use it.
I added the wire to mine to power my Pioneer sound system. Works like a charm... I was getting very irritated with having to manually switch the radio off and on every time I got in/out of the car.....
Heard about a few people who accidentally left the radio on and had a flat battery the next morning.....
RKS

18th Oct 05 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deono sounds like that could be a possible answer, I will find out this weekend (if the weather permits!)
RKS

24th Oct 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffinatly dont have the IG1 on my corsa, is it something that newer models had? as the connector on the loom looks as tho there is a extra socket that isnt being used but the contact on the ignition doesnt have a pin?
RobHayes

25th Oct 05 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on mine, you can turn off the ignition and the cd player stays on, until u remove the key. still have to turn the ignition fully on, but then just turn it straight back off again after
Kurt

31st Oct 05 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a l reg corsa and i can turn my key one click for my stereo, think urs is just knackered mate
Wabby69

2nd Nov 05 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kurtofcc
i have a l reg corsa and i can turn my key one click for my stereo, think urs is just knackered mate

Same eya dude!!
ash_corsa

2nd Nov 05 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is what i want for mine!
Wabby69

2nd Nov 05 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
this is what i want for mine!

go down scrappy then, and look for an L reg corsa (Cos it seems to be common in these) and have a look at the back of the ignition. . .
ash_corsa

2nd Nov 05 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ignition barrel? what am i looking for? dont wanna have to change the key/locks!
RKS

3rd Nov 05 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kurtofcc

thats strange cuz mine is an L reg SRi, also my gf's corsa is exactly the same no accessory on the stereo, but when we had the standard stereo if they key was out you could turn the HU back on by pressing the button in

New Poll