corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine cut out on Corsa C

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine cut out on Corsa C
Ren

User status: Offline
1st Nov 05 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Three times this has happened now (twice while on my drive, once while driving!). Its a 2003 1.2 16v.

So far it has happened only during the night (meaning it may be connected somehow with my lights or whatnot). Anyway, as i get in my car, i switch on the engine as normal, and it should idle at 1200rpm as the engine is cold, but it idles at 700rpm instead, and slowly the revs go down untill it completely cuts out. This is within 5 seconds of me starting the engine, and putting on the lights. The second time it happened, i revved it to 1200rpm just to see if it would stick up there, but it did the same thing.

Now i dont understand how it happened while i was driving, but i was doing about 30mph (maybe slower as i was turning an easy bend in the road) and all of a sudden my steering got very heavy, and then i realised the engine had cut out (all ignition lights turned on again) and thankfully enough, there were no cars right behind me - so turning into a space was easy (braking wasnt, car didnt want to stop)

Any idea's what the problem may be?
(and does no-one read help zone?? )

[Edited on 01-11-2005 by Ren]
Sam
Premium Member

1st Nov 05 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the Z12XE have an idle air control valve? If so, that might need cleaning!
langey

1st Nov 05 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
Three times this has happened now (twice while on my drive, once while driving!). Its a 2003 1.2 16v.

So far it has happened only during the night

i read the title then this, and thought, holly shit where does he live
Ren

1st Nov 05 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIRC, there was fine rain (wets yer through..... peter kay )
carnuts

1st Nov 05 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had an astra that would do the same thing its a common thing with all the vauxhalls the idle control valves are crap give it a clean
Adam_B

1st Nov 05 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does the oil pressure light come on as well? did on my sisters 1.2 16v, sorted it by taking the intake off over the throttle body and cleaning all round the butterfly with carb cleaner

New Poll