corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 3 year warrenty coming to an end + MOT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 3 year warrenty coming to an end + MOT
Dean_H

User status: Offline
31st Dec 05 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car is coming upto 3 years and the warrenty will have finnished on the 20th of january.

What do you recommend me doing? put my car in for a service say a week before the warrenty runs out? Do you think vauxhall will not bother with some problems on my car because the warrenty is about to run out? what you reckon?

Problems im havin is as follows...

I think the seat subframes are on their way out, seat moves slightly now and then (common problem with corsa)

Steering wheel squeeks when i turn it now and then (steering rack on its way out)

When i go over speed bumps there is a sort of screech noise? god knows what that is.

GEARS ARE RUBBISH, i had the gearlinkage changed last year but its even worse a year on!

Also because the car is coming up 3 years old it will need an MOT, do you recommend getting an MOT done before the service so any work that needs doing on an MOT can be done when they are doing the service?

Also i have a smashed drivers side mirror (stupid bus smashed into me couple of days ago) I can still see out of the mirror but obviously the mirror is smashed. Is this an MOT failure? as i have ordered a replacement mirror but its in aztec gold and my car is black so i will need it resprayed. To save me the hassle of fitting it twice can i just leave the mirror as it is for the time being.

Thanks for answering

Dean
chr15barn3s

31st Dec 05 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you only need to have 1 mirror for an mot but im not 100% sure.

I hope vauxhall are fixing the above under warrenty?
Basscrazy

31st Dec 05 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

under the warranty the service they provide has to be at there upmost up to the DAY you run out so no they will do everything and mate

i wish i was under warranty would have saved me a lot of money

want my advice take it out for another year mate seriously consider it

and for hassle of fitting mirror for now get some of that flexi mirror for motor world you cut to size as as far as i know it can fail and that stuff just sticks on
pllusy

31st Dec 05 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do as basscrazy says with the mirror then put it in for the mot but take your v5 with you and they can post date you mot cert to the day your car is 3 years old as long as its not more than a month away.

then this way you can find out if its gonna fail on anything and if its covered by warranty they will have to fix it, if its somethin not covered then at least you will have a couple of weeks to get it sorted while you still have a valid mot
Dean_H

31st Dec 05 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent cheers guys, btw what sort of money are we talking about to extend the warrenty for another year? corsa 1.2 sxi??
Basscrazy

31st Dec 05 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just depends mate there different length and coverage just go have a chat to them there fairly sound my mate works for vauxhall prices can vary just see what they can do if u take it out with them see if the will gve you a discount etc etc just blag it a bit see whereu get but not so much u get a punch

New Poll