corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Definitive answer for the MFD/TID cable to cut

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Definitive answer for the MFD/TID cable to cut
BenMMellor

User status: Offline
24th Jan 06 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Just jumped on board to ask a question about the MFD/TID in my Tigra (essentially it's a Corsa B with different body on it isn't it).

Anyway I'm fitting my old HU into it which means removing the crap stock one. I knwo this will mean the display on the dash goes blank as there's no feed for the radio station info.

Can someone please give me a definitive answer on which cable to snip (and where to cut it) on a 2000 X plate Tigra/Corsa.

Is it definitely going to be a grey wire with a red stripe and should i cut it at the back of the MFD/TID connector.

Thanks !
RKS

24th Jan 06 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you really want to cut is the blue wire in the headunit wiring loom, as then when you put the std HU back in (for selling the car) the display will work again,
BenMMellor

24th Jan 06 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would be the blue wire on the autoleads vauxhall to iso loom then ?
RKS

24th Jan 06 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is correct, but make sure you terminate both ends as the wire will be live whilst the HU is turned on
BenMMellor

25th Jan 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers all done and installed.. it's a ferker connecting the aerial when you got hands as big as mine !! ?Had to take out the ashtray to even get a fingertip to it !
mwg

25th Jan 06 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what does cutting this blue cable mean? Does it mean you get the date permanently on the display instead of it dissappeaing when the HU turns on?
BenMMellor

25th Jan 06 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
So what does cutting this blue cable mean? Does it mean you get the date permanently on the display instead of it dissappeaing when the HU turns on?

yep..

Pretty much that. if you leave it connected, when you turn on the radio you have a blank space in the display where it would normally display the date or radio station.

Next step is to swap the bulbs from the dash to blue led's - always a winner in silver cars.

New Poll