corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting steering rack

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting steering rack
valverguy

User status: Offline
30th Dec 06 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi i am fitting a steering rack and track rod end today to my corsa B. Thing is i had a really hard time getting it out (as the car is on axel stands on my driveway) And i dont want to go into this blindly again. I would get a corsa haynes manual but my car is of the road and the nearest place to me is about an hours walk or so. Basicly i just want to know the best way to insert the rack in. Locating bolts etc and bolting the rack back in on the rubbers with the cradle isnt a problem.. it was actualy the hardest bit just getting it out after i had undone everything. Any ideas?
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Dec 06 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you pulling the whole rack through the gap in the arch?

There is no other way I think.
valverguy

30th Dec 06 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took it out without going through the arch as i didnt think that there would be enough space?

So is it safe to say i should be able to replace the new rack using the space in the wheel arch

New Poll