corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Petrol needle is always going up and down

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol needle is always going up and down
Tommy L

User status: Offline
   2nd Apr 07 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not because im using petrol but when i pull off (at a slow steady speed) the needle just goes down In other corsa's i've seen no movement in needles on acceleration and corners and only goes down once the petrol is used. it pisses me off a lot is there any way of getting it to read what is actually in the tank
hope this makes sense
conor62

2nd Apr 07 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happens alot in mine too..
Tommy L

2nd Apr 07 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it puzzles me
corsa_rob

2nd Apr 07 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sensor is near the front of the tank (im guessing) if u park on a hill will 4 litres in the tank the empty warning light will come on...ONE THING I HATE ABOUT MY CAR THIS!!! needle is shite i also find mine goes from like 20 to 7 litres haha!...all over the place...aslong as u know wots in the tank its cool!
dannymccann

2nd Apr 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happens on mine, when you accelerate briskly in 2nd and 3rd inparticular, the needle comes down a lot, when i cruise at 60 it seems to be at its highest. also depends on corners i take lol, i can only assume it is because it is read on weight or a floating sensor instead of electronic?
andyc1234

2nd Apr 07 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine goes all over after a good boot around it drops to red and when i park up it goes back up to half tank. corsas have minds off there own
Tommy L

3rd Apr 07 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thats gay
cor5a_tommy

3rd Apr 07 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sensors vary in different models apparently. i have a sensor fixed to the side of the tank (bit like the scale on a kettle). My other corsa (1.2 8v lower end model) has a float sensor and the needle moves like mad...however it usually balances out quite well when moving along nicely.
pow
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines just as crap as well... give the car a gotcornering and ilose 10+ litres of petrol !

Thing is,I never know when I can leave it till the last minute.
Hoddo

3rd Apr 07 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Mines just as crap as well... give the car a gotcornering and ilose 10+ litres of petrol !

Thing is,I never know when I can leave it till the last minute.

traffic lights, junctions and when you set off! you are still then and so is your petrol! not sloshing around!
Kellye

3rd Apr 07 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom1502
Not because im using petrol but when i pull off (at a slow steady speed) the needle just goes down In other corsa's i've seen no movement in needles on acceleration and corners and only goes down once the petrol is used. it pisses me off a lot is there any way of getting it to read what is actually in the tank
hope this makes sense

Happens to mine aswell
Corsa E-Tec

3rd Apr 07 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cor5a_tommy
the sensors vary in different models apparently. i have a sensor fixed to the side of the tank (bit like the scale on a kettle). My other corsa (1.2 8v lower end model) has a float sensor and the needle moves like mad...however it usually balances out quite well when moving along nicely.

could change the tanks, mines just stopped working on the GSI after i fixed it 2 weeks ago
davey_jack

3rd Apr 07 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old 1.2 Ls used to do this, was never a problem though, you know when you are on level ground and not moving, that the reading is accurate. Used to get jerky around corners with less than half a tank though! no idea why!
Vaux Lad

3rd Apr 07 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guage on mine corsa is all over the place too, starts on about 30L, reverse out the drive its down to 15L.
Then varies depending on the type of corner im going round,lol.
joey736

3rd Apr 07 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u keep driving round in circles, the tank will eventually b full again
Ricky-Lee53

4th Apr 07 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cor5a_tommy

Not sure they do.

Theres a float, "like a ballcock" thats connected to the swirl pot roughly central in the tank, but closer to the front than the back.

Anyway, i had some 1.2 dials in my car, it did what your talking about, really bad! put in some GSI clocks and its pretty good now.

New Poll