corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Where to place axle stands??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Where to place axle stands??
corsaaa_16v

User status: Offline
26th May 07 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you might be aware from my previous post, Im painting my brake callipers soon, and am just trying to work out how to stick the car on axle stands.

I know I need a brick infront and behind the wheels that are staying on the floor, but where does the axle stand go, in relation to the jacking point covers, which are obviously taken up by the jack?? do they do next to the jack, but closer to the wheel, or at the other side of the jack, closer to the centre of the car?
C4RL0

26th May 07 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH it doesn't matter, but I would put them engine side.
corsaaa_16v

26th May 07 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so if im putting the rear wheels up using the jacking points, you would put the axle stands next to the jack but closer to the engine than the rear wheels??
STEvieXE

26th May 07 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put them under the chassis leg at the front or anywhere basically that is where suspension bolts onto..

New Poll