corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MORE X12XE problems - and it hasnt moved in 6 weeks.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MORE X12XE problems - and it hasnt moved in 6 weeks.
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jul 07 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More problems with my old car

The corsa hasnt moved in about 6 weeks (since getting the beeza), Dad took it to work yesterday and it misbehaved, took it to a mates garage today and it was the most awful ride ive ever had

Basically, ive replaced the AFM with a new one from ebay, got rid of the ECU light and holding back but now it likes to "misfire" and judder when driving (completely random).

My mate had it on the ECU reader, Had two problems, O2 sensor and MAF (AFM). But the readings for the O2 sensor were fine and the AFM ones were all over the place. Drove it home with the AFM unplugged and it held back when pulling off and driving, but no juddering. Also he says the connections round the AFM are a bit loose.

Just put it away in the garage and now it wont idle. You start it, it struggles and then dies. Have to rev it to keep it going. Also, the ECU light came on for a little bit but went off when I reved it to put it away. The idle has now gone quite lumpy as well, dipping and going to die sometimes (doesnt sound smooth).

Please advise me on what to replace, fix or do please. Please bear in mind im on a budget money i extreamly tight.

Thanks in advance people.

[Edited on 18-07-2007 by pow]
Toby
Premium Member

18th Jul 07 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got moisture in the leads?? could be casuing the msifire espixally with the amount of water weve had recently
Joe

18th Jul 07 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like its doing the same as mine when EGR was goosed, plug it back on the scanner and see what it says?
pow
Premium Member

18th Jul 07 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasnt aware that these engines has an EGR - they deff dont have any leads - its a coil pack. During all the rain its been stood in a dry garage
Warren G

18th Jul 07 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they have EGR valves

have you tried another AFM? o2 sensor codes can also be AFM fault sometimes

or even a blocked cat....

could be quite a few things
Hamish

18th Jul 07 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFM
ICV

could be any number of things realli.

Ive got a cheap AFM and ICV going. genuine bosch ones, if you need them u2u me
Warren G

18th Jul 07 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and if you want a EGR or ICV u2u me

no AFM's in stock atm
pow
Premium Member

18th Jul 07 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chaps you are stars. Hamish you have U2U

[Edited on 18-07-2007 by pow]

New Poll