corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Finding brakes and wheel question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Finding brakes and wheel question
Rab

User status: Offline
21st Aug 07 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been looking for v6 front and rear disks for a while, I done a search on here, but only to find one place had shut down, and v-tunning is out of stock, and has been for a while

I am also looking for a conversion kit for the rear to allow the rear disks to replace the drums. Along with the v6 breaks I am looking for braided lines to help the spongey-ness (think thats what they were).

The wheel question - I will soon be buying Compomotive Mo 15s. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120151333298&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:UK:11 and was wondering if these will fit ok with the new brakes and the car (it has been lowered 40mm, its a Corsa B, 1.6 16v sport)

Cheers in advance peeps

[Edited on 21-08-2007 by RabR89]
Planty02

21st Aug 07 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think those wheels will fit a corsa mate as they are a ford fittment (the ones in the ebay link, there were a vauxhall fittment made though, just not those particular ones), could be wrong though, anyone confirm this for me?

Your best bet for the brakes is to look out for people braking V6's try ebay etc.

Rear discs, I think these are done using the whole rear beam (not sure what car from, possibly an astra GTE?) and converting it to fit a corsa

[Edited on 21-08-2007 by Planty02]
Rab

21st Aug 07 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate, as you guessed I dont really know how wheel fitments etc work, I do know that you can get those wheels for the Corsa, just assumed they were the same.

Well even then, the Corsa version of those wheels, would the v6 brakes still fit behind them?

As far as I know you can take the rear axel from an Astra or something lol, or get a conversion kit, they are around £80 I think.

[Edited on 21-08-2007 by RabR89]
Planty02

21st Aug 07 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the wheel front, alot of manufacturers use the same fittments (ie space between the wheel bolts, offset, which is basically how far the wheels stick out of the arches) but i'm 90% sure that ford and vauxhall use different fittments so the bolts wont line up.

As for the brakes, I think V6 brakes will fit behind 15's but I cant swear to it. I think DAZ1985 has v6 brakes behind his 15" Cav GSI rims
Rab

21st Aug 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers buddy, anyone able to help me find the parts? Preferably places that would post the goods
liamrusuk

21st Aug 07 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeahh most vaux are 4x100 and most fords are 4x108
Rab

22nd Aug 07 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay, well the search goes on then lol

tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

22nd Aug 07 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both Robin and Broster had/have V6 brakes behind Comp's in 15's, so u2u them and double check the offset they had etc

New Poll