corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » flat pack furniture

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author flat pack furniture
Twiggy

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any tips hints?

got loads of new items to build

how much do people to charge to assemble?
C2RL R

3rd Sep 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do it yourself mate its pretty easy. Open one packet at a time so you are not over run with bits. Its sometimes a good idea to build it in the room its going to end up in depending on the size of the item. Before you start to build make sure you have all the parts you need if you notice and missing parts pack it all up immediatley as you dont want to take it apart when it half built. Have a tub of wood glue available and a damp cloth to wipe off any excess. Make sure you have a decent range of screw drivers at hand as you can easily fuck the head of a screw up by using the wrong driver. A decent set of clamps can sometimes come in handy. I like to make sure another person is in the house with me as you never know when you'll need a second set of hands.
Russ 200sx

3rd Sep 07 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like carl said its easy enough to do it yourself, me an my girlfriend put together some wardrobes and drawers from ikea last week. took us all of 2 hours, a cordless drill with a screwdriver head in is always handy too.
ash_corsa

3rd Sep 07 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gluing it is all very well, but make sure you only glue small things that your not going to want to dismantle when you move or re-arrange etc..
Other than that its very easy, make sure you got another pair of hands close by as some stuff can be awkward. I put together a Double bed, chest of drawers, bedside drawers, Tv unit in a couple of hours.

Good screwdrivers are a must! dont use philips driver on Pozi screws or you'l chew em up!

New Poll