corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Powerbox Inlet Manifold HELP !

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Powerbox Inlet Manifold HELP !
p1723944

User status: Offline
26th Oct 07 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've nearly completed the work, however I need some help.

When removeing the old induction pipe from the back of the engine there was a hose that runs from the rocker cover to the induction pipe, now that the induction pipe has gone where does the pipe feed to or should I just leave it hanging as I can only imagine it was drawing in air for the induction.

Also do I need refit the sensor that was originally fitted to the induction pipe by the air filter or is this no longer used ?

Cheers
p1723944

26th Oct 07 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on peeps, is it that I haven't explained my self very well ?
Dean_W

26th Oct 07 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sensor needs to be re-fitted, as this works with the ECU.

The pipe, i'm not sure of. It may be the cam cover breather. In this case, you can leave it hanging.
p1723944

26th Oct 07 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dean

On the front cam cover there are three pipes one on the top which goes from the cam cover to the old inlet, This i understand is not used.

The other two are next that running down from the side of the cam cover. One is larger than the other the biggest being closest to you as you look at the engine (un touched) the other thin pipe is directly behind that and ran down the back of the engine into the plasic induction.
mattievRS

26th Oct 07 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above mate,sensor needs to refitted and it is the breather pipe.just leave it hanging down.
p1723944

26th Oct 07 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers m17tty

Guna gasket it all together 2moz turn that key and hope for the best.

p1723944

26th Oct 07 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One more thing I promise !

On the throttle body there are two pipe inlets which I beleive one came from the coolant tank and the other went to the back of the engine.

On some pictures I can see that they are still be used on the trottle body and on others I can see that they are just left unconected to the TB and I assume joined together ?

Should the pipes be joined to the TB or Not or does it not really matter as long as there are joined in some sort of way ?
matt_aka_smiler

26th Oct 07 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesnt matter mate ive had them on my tb before and the alternater melted them abit and caused a leak just join the pipes together

http://corsasport.co.uk/carimages/2839/tbpipe.jpg

Borrowed from Dave A's garage

[Edited on 26-10-2007 by matt_aka_smiler]

New Poll