corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » will this spray a car?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author will this spray a car?
badboy1989

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 07 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have recently brought this compressor;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320179062176&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011
i want to spray my whole car once i have finished the mechanical problem areas with it but i will be removing bonnet/doors/boot/bumpers/skirts and any thing else which is bolted/screwed onto the outside,

just curious as really need to know i have 2 gravity guns and 1 in air gun plus airbrushing kit so just need to know about compressor and if its any good to do a decent home full car spray its 25litres and 2hp with dual air outlets,

cheers also if anyone has uased one or done a home spray of whole car or just some parts/panels could you please post pics thanks:
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

23rd Dec 07 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would have been better to get a bigger tank as it will run out quite quick
BeArDy

23rd Dec 07 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No chance mate, you will be lucky if you can paint a wing with the air in that tank.

To paint a car you really need 150lt air tank with prob a better motor to you do not have to wait for the pressure to build once it drops otherwise theres a chance of dry patches, paint spatter, bad orange peal etc etc.

Richardhhha

24th Dec 07 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say you need a bigger tank something about what beardy said 150lt but could be smaller is the compressor was powerfull enough, me pop just bought a compressor for that price, 50lt tank, with 6bhp v twin motor... chucks out about 15/20cfm or something like that so not to shabby...
ed

24th Dec 07 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8.3 CFM is no where near enough air to do anything with apart from pumping up tyres.

New Poll