corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Passenger side wheel feels like it’s loose and vibrates

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Passenger side wheel feels like it’s loose and vibrates
Sach

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you tell if a steering wheel rack bush has gone? Every so often when driving dose not mater on the speed my passenger side wheel feels like it’s loose and vibrates, it comes and goes while driving. I had the tracking done check all the bolts and the wheel re balanced. I been told it could be the bush. Any ideas?
Dan J

23rd Jan 08 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wheel nuts might be tight but is there any play in the wheel itself? Try rocking the wheel side to side when parked. If there is any play in it it will be the bearing, either fudged or just loose. If you do think there is some play in the wheel, make sure your not just moving the steering. You'll know straight off if the bearing's loose anyway because its clangy. Other possibilty is that CV joint is goosed. That usually worsens on full lock.
Sach

23rd Jan 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks dan. i just been out in the car and when it vibrates the car gose left if i left go of the streering wheel. no play in the wheel ether mate.
Limecat
Banned

23rd Jan 08 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bottom balljoint or the 2 bolts that pass through the balljoint/tie bar/wishbone are loose!

New Poll