corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Problem: car wont rev, its loud and seems flat

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem: car wont rev, its loud and seems flat
Mr Turner

User status: Offline
   5th Apr 08 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, i was out in the car last night and it started to sound realy loud and rough at like 2000 rpm and was picking up realy slowly even when i had my foot down, it seemed realy flat and the sound was a realy deep roar, bit like an induction kit kindy of noise, after about 5 minutes it was fine and went perect, i then stoped the car and come back to it, drove it for about 10 minutes and had the same problem but only for about a minute then it didnt do it again, anybody got any ideas what it could be?

thanks for any help
Warren G

5th Apr 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

big air leak?

blocked exhaust?
gez bay

5th Apr 08 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the rubber around the throttle bodie might have come loose, happened to my friends corsa, went really loud and idled at 3000rpm
Mr Turner

5th Apr 08 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have checked them just now and all seem ok to me, any other suggestions? could it be the air flow meter? i heard some where that different induction kits cause the airflow meter to fuck up? would this cause it to do what mine was?
Warren G

5th Apr 08 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine?
byrnie_2004

5th Apr 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates did this for ages, it only got worse over time, his centre silencer on his exhast had collapsed.
Mr Turner

5th Apr 08 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 1.4 16v sport
Alan-16V

5th Apr 08 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id start with checking the simple things first like all the vacume pipes are in good condission and not split, also check the plugs and leads and double check all the sensors are all pluged in properly.
mattievRS

5th Apr 08 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put money on it being the crank pulley slipped on the crank shaft keyway mate(basically giving the engine the wrong signals for fuelling and spark).its at the bottom of the engine on the drivers side.you can see it from inside the wheel well.but youll need to take the alterator belt off and then use a e16 torx socket(i think) to get it off to check it for damage.think theyre about 60 quid from vaux though.

btw x14xe wont have an air flow meter

[Edited on 05-04-2008 by m17tty]
Mr Turner

5th Apr 08 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate cheers for that, so if it is what you say i am lickely to see this get worse? and also what should i look for when its off?
Mr Turner

5th Apr 08 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers alan-16v will do that

[Edited on 05-04-2008 by Mr Turner]
Rob E

6th Apr 08 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could also be a sticky egr valve....did an engine light come on the dash? If so get it to somewhere with equipment to read off the code
Chiggs1989

6th Apr 08 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like egr valve
mattievRS

6th Apr 08 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Turner
ok mate cheers for that, so if it is what you say i am lickely to see this get worse? and also what should i look for when its off?

yeah it will get worse slowly mate.when the crank pulley is off you will see if its fucked,trust me
Mr Turner

6th Apr 08 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no no engine light came on, the dash was as normal, car was perfect apart from it pulling like a bag of shit, ok m17tty cheers for the advice.

[Edited on 06-04-2008 by Mr Turner]

New Poll