corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Sick of solicitors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sick of solicitors
dean101287

User status: Offline
   13th Apr 08 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is it they do that gives them the right to charge so much?
I had an offer accepted about 8 weeks ago. The house was leasehold but the current owner agreed to buy the freehold and we pay the extra on top. So we have been waiting 8 week and whats been done? Absolutely fuck all!!!

I feel like going into their office and doing it myself. How hard can it be. sign a few forms, forward them, recieve money, draw up contracts. job done.

Rant Over!

[Edited on 13-04-2008 by dean101287]
CorsAsh

13th Apr 08 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had a lot of trouble with solictiors on the last move, basically fucking about to the point where we were going to lose our new house.

They soon get moving if you threaten them with the law society/cancelling the sale. Get your estate agents involved to push things as well, if you pull out, they lose money too, so it's in their interests to light a fire under the bastards.
MikeE

13th Apr 08 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got it the other way my estate agents knowing fuck all about the plot we are buying off plan, ring them up with a simple question and they say they will get back to you but never do
RichR
Premium Member

14th Apr 08 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sacked the first set of solictors after they told me for weeks that everything was going smoothly, only to turn around 6/7 weeks after starting to tell us they didn't knwo who we were and didn't have a file for us
dean101287

14th Apr 08 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont often speak to them, i leave it with my brother. But when I do I just know that Im gunna lose my cool. I rang the agent today ask have they got a price on the free hold? he replied that they have but cant say because of data protection act. for fuck sake its me that gunna be paying for the sodding thing. I asked why has it taken 8 week to find that out and that if it continues like this im guna be forced to pull out of the sale.
X 60RSA

14th Apr 08 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the process of buying a new place. I'm using Langleys as my solicitors, the guy who is dealing with my stuff just does new builds.

I've had a nice smooth ride so far, no problems and im 80% there, maybe its easier being a first time buyer....
micra_pete
Premium Member

18th Apr 08 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep everything note what they are doing wrong, sometimes its the individual.

We had a nightmare with one of our houses, however we kept detailed correspodence records, and had all our legal fee's refunded at the end.

New Poll