corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tapping noise when the car starts up...?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tapping noise when the car starts up...?
Gibbon

User status: Offline
   19th Apr 08 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey,

When i start the car up in there theres this tapping noise which gets faster depending on how fast I go, it only lasts for about 2/3 mins and after i put my foot down a little bit it seems to go away. What is this? tappets? or could it be somethin a bit more serious? I know im probably answering my own question but it sounds like a much quieter version of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e4I9w8cgdo

Is there a way I can stop this noise? do i need to? is it expensive?

Cheers!

Edit: I got pleanty of oil in it.

[Edited on 19-04-2008 by Gibbon]
Limecat
Banned

19th Apr 08 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't hear the video as I have no speakers but the description is most likely to be lifters.

You could potentially remove them, take them to their consituant parts, clean and re-assemble but the top end where they are will drain of oil when turned off anyway, but you may reduce/eliminate it.
swedge

20th Apr 08 at 02:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i gte it too, i done an oil change but it still does it

New Poll