corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1993 astra gsi-wipers stopped working

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1993 astra gsi-wipers stopped working
Steve F

User status: Offline
5th May 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While changing the all the headlight/sidelight bulbs yesterday on my 1993 astra gsi i went back into the car and there was a burning smell in the car.took the keys out and whatever was burning had stopped.now the window wipers dont work with the scooshers.every time i put a 30amp fuse in for it,it just pops.

Its fuse number 3 which is the wipers and horn.But the horn still works without the fuse in.Its getting continuity between both the top and bottom of the fuse holder for number 3 with the door hinge.The bottom bit of the fuse 3 holder should be 12v.

Any idea to what could be causing the problem ? burnt out relay or wiper motor ?

thanks......steve

New Poll