corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lack of Power and Heavy Clutch on Corsa C 1.2

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lack of Power and Heavy Clutch on Corsa C 1.2
scottp

User status: Offline
   13th May 08 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I bought a 2003 Corsa C 1.2 16v SXi 2 months ago from a dealer. The car has started to loose power under acceleration and the car is noticeably slower than usually, it will feel fine and then all of a sudden the Revs stick and nothing happens for a few seconds. There is also a high pitched sucking noise when I take my foot completely off the accelerator and quickly back on. It does this when the car is at idle or moving.
I have been told this will be the MAF sensor, but I just want to be sure, but the sucking noise is more like a vacuum leak?
We plugged it in today and it has come up with the MAF sensor and O2 Sensor, where car I get these for cheap? They have quoted me stupid prices!
Also, if I am on the motorway doing 70 for a while (10 - 15 mins) my clutch gets very heavy, as it is usually very light, what could this be?

I should have a warranty from the dealer but he is really messing me around with it at the moment so I am not holding my breath.

Thanks for any help

New Poll