corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20let overboosting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20let overboosting
Smiler-Sportay

User status: Offline
16th Jul 08 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates got a c20let and has a problem of it overboosting hes tried turning the actuater up and down to see what psi he can run between 7 and 10 the thing is the car will run 10psi and hold it well some days and other days it wont hold it

any1 got any ideas the car is standard apart from a FMIC and exhaust system manifold back

any1 got any ideas ?

thanks in advance
Richardhhha

16th Jul 08 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucked

just in one of them moods today sorry

[Edited on 16-07-2008 by Richardhhha]
Smiler-Sportay

16th Jul 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks very helpful
Richardhhha

16th Jul 08 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all i can think of its a dodgy actuator really if its being tempremental holding boost pressure..

does it loose pressure when the car gets hot?
Smiler-Sportay

16th Jul 08 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesterday wen i tuk the car out it ran fine, wen the boost came in the engine m,anagement light came on but didnt overboost, tday the light neva came on but it was over boostin till a turned it dwn to bout 9psi on overboost then holdin 8psi no prob
SportBoy

16th Jul 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its standard it should run 8psi iirc ... i think the ecu cuts the boost if it holds anymore than about 10psi
Smiler-Sportay

16th Jul 08 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thnk ya right, av jst ordered a evo 5 chip, nd av got sum saab reds to go in so al find out if its the actuator wen they fitted
mikesc20let

16th Jul 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its standard it should run at 6psi boost but with a evo5 chip and saab red injectors it takes it to 15-16 psi of boost with 22 psi overboost provideing you have a fuel pressure reg to get the fuelling to 4.8 bar then it should be touching 300 bhp

[Edited on 16-07-2008 by mikesc20let]
Limecat
Banned

16th Jul 08 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Smiler-Sportay
yeah thnk ya right, av jst ordered a evo 5 chip, nd av got sum saab reds to go in so al find out if its the actuator wen they fitted

If your abilities with a car are on a par with your keyboard capabilities then you are utterly sodding fucked?

If you have issues on standard boost/injectors and management then you are a total fucking idiot (as your grasp of the English language confirms) if you wish to change all three of those factors. You really deserve what you get and I cannot be arsed attempting to help illiterate twats like you.

Come back when you have turned your brain on and have an ability to type.

quote:
Originally posted by mikesc20let
if its standard it should run at 6psi boost but with a evo5 chip and saab red injectors it takes it to 15-16 psi of boost with 22 psi overboost provideing you have a fuel pressure reg to get the fuelling to 4.8 bar then it should be touching 300 bhp

[Edited on 16-07-2008 by mikesc20let]

Sorry, can I just clarify that you are proposing 4.8 bar (circa 70 PSI) on standard injectors and some 'phase chips' (probably scanned by some cunt out for fast buck?) or was it just me that thought you were typing utter fucking shit?

[Edited on 16-07-2008 by LETGSI16V]
Smiler-Sportay

16th Jul 08 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:

If your abilities with a car are on a par with your keyboard capabilities then you are utterly sodding fucked?

If you have issues on standard boost/injectors and management then you are a total fucking idiot (as your grasp of the English language confirms) if you wish to change all three of those factors. You really deserve what you get and I cannot be arsed attempting to help illiterate twats like you.

Come back when you have turned your brain on and have an ability to type.

Any need to be like that? My english is also fine so dont start that you fucking mug. What difference does it make how i spell on the internet people can still undertsand what it means.

SO TAKE YOUR FUCKING ADVISE AND STICK IT UP YOUR ARSE YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MUG

thanks for the help lads its appricated

[Edited on 16-07-2008 by Smiler-Sportay]

[Edited on 16-07-2008 by Smiler-Sportay]
Limecat
Banned

16th Jul 08 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will do, thanks you text typing little chav.

If you require help from people, it is common decency to use the English language (thats coming from an American by the way! :lol

Good luck fitting all your 'new stuff' come back when you can type properly, something you strangely could do above, and when you have melted things.

Snuggles!

P.S. I treat the internet as an aptitude test, I am 95% certain I know the answer but go find it elsewhere - laters chav.

[Edited on 16-07-2008 by LETGSI16V]
Smiler-Sportay

16th Jul 08 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friend has been using my account to try and find the problem with his car not me and im sure if he wanted he'd be very capable of typing correctly but which i said doesnt really matter because its just the internet and im sure people shorten words alot around the site do you call them '' little chavs ''? i would think not

I'm sure he'll find out what the problem is in the end so i cudnt give a rats arse if you want to keep your answers to yourself and to be honest its sad people like you that ruin perfectly good websites for new people

All i can say is that your very probibly the most unhelpful arragont dickhead ive ever seen on an internet forum and to be quite honest i think you should just shutdown your computer/laptop and take a long walk off a cliff
Limecat
Banned

16th Jul 08 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My friend has been using my account to try and find the problem with his car not me and im sure if he wanted he'd be very capable of typing correctly but which i said doesnt really matter because its just the internet and im sure people shorten words alot around the site do you call them '' little chavs ''? i would think not

I'm sure he'll find out what the problem is in the end so i cudnt give a rats arse if you want to keep your answers to yourself and to be honest its sad people like you that ruin perfectly good websites for new people

All i can say is that your very probibly the most unhelpful arragont dickhead ive ever seen on an internet forum and to be quite honest i think you should just shutdown your computer/laptop and take a long walk off a cliff

So he knows the answers but has to ask? You really are contradicting yourself there.

I am not saying it to be a twat, Corsa owners are viewed as 'Chavs' as it is (me included) so it is about trying to maintain a standard on a public forum. As you have shown, the use of the English language isn't hard, yes you are no doubt correct, I suspect there are plenty of people on here that think that I am a 4 star individual but the point I am trying, probably in vain, is that if you structure your question correctly then you will get the help you need.
Smiler-Sportay

17th Jul 08 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
I'm sure he'll find out what the problem is in the end

So he knows the answers but has to ask? You really are contradicting yourself there.

I am not saying it to be a twat, Corsa owners are viewed as 'Chavs' as it is (me included) so it is about trying to maintain a standard on a public forum. As you have shown, the use of the English language isn't hard, yes you are no doubt correct, I suspect there are plenty of people on here that think that I am a 4 star individual but the point I am trying, probably in vain, is that if you structure your question correctly then you will get the help you need.

No he doesnt no what the problem is of yet but im sure some helpful person that uses this site or someone we know will figure it out.

Now im bored of arguing and bitching with you if you are not going to help which you kindly said you are not why not use someones elses thread to spam

Ben ev

17th Jul 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. what a pair of twats!
it wont hold 10psi on standed managment because the ecu will through a fault up. boost pressure to high and cut it back with the amal valve. ide imagine you wont need a new actuator. with evo5 chips on reds ide say 3.5bar but try and make sure it dosnt det. wideband tunning is always advised when playing with fi.
ps who cares if someone uses tx talk on a forum. prob one of the reasons that most people think cs is gay and full of people who dont no shit about shit. ime not saying everyone is clueless as i get some usefull advice from certain members but the majority read bullshit and jump on the bandwagon impo.
Limecat
Banned

17th Jul 08 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben ev
lol. what a pair of twats!
it wont hold 10psi on standed managment because the ecu will through a fault up. boost pressure to high and cut it back with the amal valve. ide imagine you wont need a new actuator. with evo5 chips on reds ide say 3.5bar but try and make sure it dosnt det. wideband tunning is always advised when playing with fi.
ps who cares if someone uses tx talk on a forum. prob one of the reasons that most people think cs is gay and full of people who dont no shit about shit. ime not saying everyone is clueless as i get some usefull advice from certain members but the majority read bullshit and jump on the bandwagon impo.

It will not throw up a fault on standard management at 10 PSI. As standard it overboosts to 0.8 bar and holds at 0.6 (just under 9 PSI).

TBH I myself think that most people on CS couldn't tie their own laces without asking how on a thread. Common decency costs nothing. Would you write answers to an exam in txt typ? No. So why is it acceptable to ask for help wen typin lyk a tw@? It isn't.

New Poll