corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Eaton E45 supercharger + x16xe???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Eaton E45 supercharger + x16xe???
jungle

User status: Offline
17th Aug 08 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just really wondering if it would be possable to fit a bmw eaton E45 supercharger to a corsa 1.6 16v x16xe?? would i need to get drive pulley's custom made? would i need to lower the compression?and intake pipe's etc?? has this sort of conversion been tryed before??

i am a man with a plan
swill_omnibus

17th Aug 08 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon it could be done, but i would look up the spec on the turbo to ensure that it could work efficiently with it, and with the correct managment setup, don't see whynot!
jungle

17th Aug 08 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think ad really need to lower the compression and make up intercooler pipe's and get a flange made up to connect it all and mount it some how and some how make a pulley for the belt too attach it too the altbelt pully or summin??
luke85

17th Aug 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont need an intercooler for a low boost setup but on standard compression ratio I wouldn't think you will get much above 160BHP. You would need a new inlet manifold and standalone management and then you will have problems like boost pipework/clutch and gearbox problems then theres the hastle of actually getting it to fit.

Yes its possible but dont think it will be a cheap way of making power, by all means do it to be different but this is gonna cost a few thousand to do properly
Kurt

17th Aug 08 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think theres a video of one on youtube
corsacraig19

17th Aug 08 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there a enough room under the bonnet reali and can you use the rotex ones i think that what they are called
Kurt

17th Aug 08 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the one im thinking of is a 2.0 8v

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dBJL_J_k9k&feature=related
Limecat
Banned

17th Aug 08 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jungle
i think ad really need to lower the compression and make up intercooler pipe's and get a flange made up to connect it all and mount it some how and some how make a pulley for the belt too attach it too the altbelt pully or summin??

I plan this for a winter project as I cannot work outside then, so fancied something to build in the house. Off a vague look I think you would get away with fitting it where the AC normally is. I was going to aim for about 10 PSI and 8.5:1 CR. A copycat Mantzel would also help due to lcation. I was thinking of a 'Group A' ECU from SBD, about £700 but retains the factory loom.
luke85

18th Aug 08 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With a good intercooler you should be able to push more than 10psi through an X16XE as long as the clutch and rods were up to it, not sure if the Eaton SC is up to that without seeing the spec but Vortech ones are popular over in the states. Theyre basically a turbo compressor housing which are geared to spin about 10 times quicker than the pulley on the back, they might be worth looking into

Linky

Edit: link added

[Edited on 18-08-2008 by luke85]

New Poll