corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa gsi problem cutting out.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa gsi problem cutting out.
lees_corsa

User status: Offline
27th Aug 08 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car runs fine when cold but as soon as the engine gets warm it idles like its missfiring and then cuts out... ecu light came on so....

sealed all inlet manifold and throttle body again fitted new plugs and leads new coolant temp sensor idle control valve and throttle position sensor ecu light now gone off but still has the fault.

what else could it be? coilpack or low compression?
luke85

27th Aug 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it start straight away when it has cut out? Sounds like a crank sensor fault to me, Ive had one come disconnected slightly and one fail before which does this. next time it cuts out leave it in gear with the engine coasting down and see if the rev counter falls to zero while the engine is still up to speed. If you get me?
lees_corsa

27th Aug 08 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer does that car missfires when driving aswell plus took ignition leads out while car was idleing and 3 and 4 was shorting to the engine when warm
luke85

27th Aug 08 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you mean you took the ignition leads off and they were shorting to the engine? do you mean sparks were jumping out of them to the engine? If so that is normal, the crank sensor problem I had was the engine being very erratic as in coming on then dying off jerking about a little then bangs and pops (some flames) from the exhaust
Chrisenglish

28th Aug 08 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have this problem but i need new cams as 1 of the metal things for the sensor is broken thanks to the very *NICE* garage
lees_corsa

30th Aug 08 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone got any other idea's?
ordered a new crank sensor

New Poll