corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car Still Playing Up - Now on Crank Shaft Sensor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Still Playing Up - Now on Crank Shaft Sensor
Stu_22

User status: Offline
5th Sep 08 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK this is gettin to be a long ordeal for my Sport has been missfiring as spluttering for ages now as soon as you put your foot down.
Was originally told it was EGR so replced that, then Coolant temp and Coilpack as I had spares kicking around.
Finally gave in took it to my mechanic and he said signals from crank sensor were a bit strange so we changed that, but the signals are still strange. He has a friend who nows more on the electrical side checking it on monday

Has Anyone else had simillar problems getting into loom and ECU now and thats not going to be an easy swap as its a late sport, with an imobiliser and air con(aparently that makes a differnece)
mattievRS

User status: Offline
5th Sep 08 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet money that it needs a new crank pulley and timing sprocket that comes off the crank.They slip on the woodruff key and mangle the keyway so it knocks the timing out and the crank sensor reads wrong signals due to it.

New Poll