corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help needed with Corsa C throttle

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help needed with Corsa C throttle
holman210

User status: Offline
   26th Sep 08 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Corsa C sxi 1.2 16v 2001 51 reg

when the car is ticking over there is quite a loud clicking noise coming from the throttle body housing. When it clicks the revs jump slightly and the engine sort of coughs.

It does it even when the engine is not running! Just turning the ignition on causes it to happen. When the engine isnt running you can hear the noises it makes alot clearer. High pitched squealing and clicking noises sometimes grinding. Then it stops, goes quiet, then does it again!

I took the plastic air intake off the top of the throttle and turned on the ignition. You can see the "butterfly flap" moving by itself, everytime it clicks it moves.

The engine managment light came on so I had the code read and it said the "fly by wire accelerator pedal" was faulty so I replaced it but the problem under the engine bay still exsists!

Its so frustrating! I have been under the bonnet unplugging things to see if it will stop and nothing, it continues to click, squeal and grind unless I unplug it!

Any ideas folks? Is there anything I can change? A relay? a sensor? anything! lol

Thanks!
James_H

26th Sep 08 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the twin port, look to the right of the throttle bodie, get some one to turn the ignition and you will see a lever move, that the twinport, thats the clicking.

holman210

26th Sep 08 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgive me if im being stupid. I cant see any levers at all moving. Where abouts will it be?

James_H

26th Sep 08 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got a more angled veiw?

Or a vid of it doing the noise?

Do you know if its a twin port or not?
holman210

26th Sep 08 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know if it is a twin port, I dont think so...

heres a video, excuse the tw*t next door with hes sh*t music

Thanks

holman210

26th Sep 08 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does not sound good at all really does it lol Thing is I thought straight away it must be the throttle. So i went to the breakers today and picked one up and plugged it in and it STILL did the same thing! The throttle from the breakers was off a 04 plate sxi. I know I could have picked up another faulty one but what are the chances!?!
James_H

26th Sep 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm i dont know, could be the throttle powering up?

Does it drive ok?
holman210

26th Sep 08 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will do that all the time the ignition is on, minutes, hours. It does drive ok, but it does not idle smoothly, i pressume tis is because the throttle is letting short bursts of air through.
holman210

26th Sep 08 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got any ideas? Is there any where I could submit this video to see if its a problem encountered before?

Thanks

New Poll