corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Newbie alert! 1.0 12v coorsa to xe conversion?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Newbie alert! 1.0 12v coorsa to xe conversion?
Nobby_lad

User status: Offline
   28th Sep 08 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all im new this is my first post lol. Having been a Nova boy and being on png for years now i dont know if ive done right or wrong by buying a corsa!? Ive picked up a 58k mile t red 1.0 with suspect headgasket for £120 no t+t but afetr owning a nova valver the 1.0 wont be enough! Now im going to have a cracj at this im in my 3rd year at my work at a garage so im half handy with spanners! Now i know that in full i need

engine
box
loom
shafts
hubs
brakes
suspension
fuel pump
eco top hat or power cap
exhaust mated up

now - will the 1.0 loom mate up does it just plug in or?? do the hubs just press in or do i need to change the bearings? what else will i need cooling side as ive read the 1.0 rads and pipes are different? or anything else ive got a lot of wiring info iff png but thats for aNova and hence not a corsa!!

Any help appreciated cheers Nobby
Nobby_lad

28th Sep 08 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooo noticed i forgot mounts - wont help lol
AdamF
Premium Member

28th Sep 08 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will need a new rad from anything other than a 1.0 or 1.2 16v.

the wiring is completely different. i recomend leaving the 1.0 ecu plug in the engine bay and finding the wires under the dash for the engine.

i take it has electric power steering aswel. if so you need to run a wire from the rev counter to the green wire behind the drivers kick panel
AdamF
Premium Member

28th Sep 08 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and depending on how careful you are taking the old hubs out is the answer to wether you have to change the bearings

but i would change them if it was me
Nobby_lad

28th Sep 08 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdamF
you will need a new rad from anything other than a 1.0 or 1.2 16v.

the wiring is completely different. i recomend leaving the 1.0 ecu plug in the engine bay and finding the wires under the dash for the engine.

i take it has electric power steering aswel. if so you need to run a wire from the rev counter to the green wire behind the drivers kick panel

cheers mate, so do the looms plug together or is there some chopping involved? is there any wiring diagrams on here??
AdamF
Premium Member

28th Sep 08 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont plug together no. they are different because the ecu for the 1.0 is in the engine bay so the wiring is in a different place.

some cut this plug off and wire itto that as the wires you need are there. i wouldnt do this i would leave that plug on and find the loom in the car under the steering coloumn and wire it there. just in case you ever want to put the engine back in.

there should be three plugs next to the ecu on the xe loom these are you the wires you need to connect to the corsa loom (not all are needed)
Nobby_lad

28th Sep 08 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdamF
they dont plug together no. they are different because the ecu for the 1.0 is in the engine bay so the wiring is in a different place.

some cut this plug off and wire itto that as the wires you need are there. i wouldnt do this i would leave that plug on and find the loom in the car under the steering coloumn and wire it there. just in case you ever want to put the engine back in.

there should be three plugs next to the ecu on the xe loom these are you the wires you need to connect to the corsa loom (not all are needed)

right . any idea what colour these wires are??

sorry to be a pain in the arse mate

New Poll