corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wandering Corsa C 1.7 Diesel T 2002, 0K

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wandering Corsa C 1.7 Diesel T 2002, 0K
peterpan

User status: Offline
12th Oct 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here's a knotty one.. I've started noticing that my corsa wanders left and right.. not very strange i hear you say ... depends how you drive it ..
However, It pulls left when i take my foot off the gas and wanders right when the foot goes back on. Not torque steering like rapid acceleration, cos the car won't do that running on the old Gazoil .. just a touch on the pedal will send it of to the righ and just an easing back will send it to the right.
AND , that's not all folks ... it does the same on the brakes! .. touch the pedal and it goes off to the right , straight into the oncoming artic , release the pedal and it tucks back in just in time .. ever so gently though ..
Does it at all speeds .. ... in fact at 20mph , you can get it to win the next heat of Strictly Corsa Dancing.
Now here's the rub ... I took it for the MOT last week and asked the guy to pay particular attention to the front end , bushes , bj's, swivels, cv's an all that.
40 mins later , '' there you are guv , all done , found nothing wrong ......passed, here's the certificate''
well , since then i've been in to a mechanic bloke in a back dtreet garage , you know , the ones who know it all ... and he gave up after 10 mins free checks on the lift.
Any of you guys, (generic term) .. got any idea .. I'm flummoxed .. unless it's the drive shafts, anti-roll , engine mountings... the list goes on ..
Oh , and there's a bit of clonking on missing a smooth change on the clutch as if the linkage is loose somewhere.... might be connected (badly)
Any comments will be great .. and the solution would be fantastic .. Cheers,

Peter
peterpan

13th Oct 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm .. nobody got any ideas? .. any idea where i will get an answer? .. mucho gratias
Jamie_Hastings1

13th Oct 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bottom Ball Joint,Trackrod End,Hub Nut. Loose suspension...Where it joins the hub. Dont know if its the same set up but a slightly loose nut on ma corsa b strut let the wheel wander left on acceleration and right on braking
ianofbhills

13th Oct 08 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly the torque sensors on the eps.

Is it harder to turn in one direction then the other?
If you jack up the front of the car and turn on the ignition do the wheels steer all the way to one side?

if yes look at this link for recallibrating the torque sensors

http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=97412

[Edited on 13-10-2008 by ianofbhills]
peterpan

16th Oct 08 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok guys , I'll try that ..
first the wishbone and bushes .. I think i detected a rear wishbone bush that was shot .. would this cause it? ... the EPS torque thingy sounds like it'll wait for another day ..
thanks ,
peter
Kevxx

16th Oct 08 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check your gearbox mount, it sounds loose, aka when you put the foot down the engine tips back, and when your brake it tips forward, causing the left and the rightness ...maybe
peterpan

16th Oct 08 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok , thanks .. i'll have a look .. but wouldn't that be taken up by the drive shaft likage and cv's?

New Poll