corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Battery for ICE...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battery for ICE...
DJ_SmokeyJoe

User status: Offline
   18th Oct 08 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took my Corsa to Kwik-Fit today to get my tracking sorted and had a free battery test. It was not a surprise when they said my battery was knackered...

After Christmas I will be looking into a fairly serious install using mainly JL Audio and Alpine products - just audio, not bothered with TV screens and the like, just a really Hi-Fi install - hopefully using the JL ZR Component speakers in the front doors, with 6 1/2" coaxials on a stealth shelf with a very special sub in the boot. Obviously this is going to need 2 BIG amps and the sub is going to be specced at 1000W RMS R-E-A-L power. Not green fusion 1000w, real RMS power.

I have £70 to spend on a battery but I can always spend a bit more if neccisary? Whats everyones opinions? Will my alternator be powerful enough?

Thanks, Joe.
Ellis

18th Oct 08 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why don't you invest in a capacitor instead?
craig8
Premium Member

18th Oct 08 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably because the battery supply is the root of the problem, and a cap is just a mask for the problem, do a system properly and you shouldnt need a capacitor

[Edited on 18-10-2008 by craig8]

i used a second battery on a split charge setup with a large leisure for when i was running 2000W rms and never had a problem, will cost you a bit more but means you can run your thinner split charge cablethrough the can and use thicker cable for in the boot, meaning you dont have to run heavy cable all the way through the car

[Edited on 18-10-2008 by craig8]

E36 328
DJ_SmokeyJoe

18th Oct 08 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats right craig8 - you apparantly need a decent battery when doing a proper soundsystem. I thought I'd ask, Im guessing theres some Corsas on here with serious ICE...
craig8
Premium Member

19th Oct 08 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would suggest going onto the talkaudio forum as they will be able to help you with anything at all mate

E36 328
luke85

19th Oct 08 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get a 100A alternator from a bigger vauxhall, think mine was from a diesel astra van so just look round the scrap yard.

Battery wise I used the biggest Varta one that would fit in the tray, you can get batteries designed for use with installs like odyssey but they arent totally necessary unless your going to be having it at full volume with the engine off.

If your looking for a sub Ive got a 12" REaudio XXX V3 which Im selling, 1800WRMS

New Poll