corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tensioner spring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tensioner spring
TheMason66

User status: Offline
28th Oct 08 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HELP!! ive just replaced my alternator with one from scrappy, and now the spring for the tensioner wont go back on. ive tried different ways but no joy. its also getting dark and i need to fix it!!! can someone please tell me how to do it. its a corsa b 1.0 12v.
scotts v6

28th Oct 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shud take note the way stuff cum off mate try looking on the net it will be about sum where
TheMason66

28th Oct 08 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had no joy, so ive put the pulley in the locked position and 2mrw im gonna take it to a garage so they can put the spring back where it shud go. i even tried clamping the spring but it wouldnt bite. i cant see of any way the spring can be attached back. if anyone can giv me an idea of how to work it feel free, but ive been out there for an hour or so.
TheMason66

28th Oct 08 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been outside again with another mate, and we managed to get the end of the spring within 2mm of where it needed to go with a g clamp, but then it all just slipped off and it sprang back. ive had an idea of putting a reli strong pole thru the spring and into the hole and then levering it up, clamping it, and then bolting it on. whether that works or not is beyond me!! damn u vauxhall for making my life hell!!

New Poll