corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » To those that understand electrics or wiring diagrams, control circuits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author To those that understand electrics or wiring diagrams, control circuits
oceansoul

User status: Offline
6th Nov 08 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I been tasked at work to redesign a water heating system for a safety shower, so that the heater is shut off when the shower is empty, and also have lights to show that the heater is on and that the mains is healthy i.e. 230VAC. Ive come up with this diagram, but me mentor is off tomorrow and he wants me to finish it by end of the day. Also what rating relay should i use, the thermistor is rater at 16A so that gives a Power rating of 3680W. Im thinking a relay (contactor) rated to 3.8kW.

Just to reiterate im not asking anyone to do my work for me, just check over it and maybe suggest a better way of going about it etc.

Cheers in advance
Bart

6th Nov 08 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep looks good to me mate.

-R1 is your contactor.
Your Float switch is shown in a fail safe state (i.e the switch/ball breaks then it goes to the normally open position and remains healthy).

16A sounds a bit high for a shower?? but then i've only ever worked with pumps and motors.

Yes a 3.8kw contactor will suit that. I doubt there will be 100% efficiency with the thing anyway, so it probably wont pull 16A.
Bart

6th Nov 08 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gimme a shout if you have any other questions

New Poll