corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » O2 'Unlimited' Web bolt on?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author O2 'Unlimited' Web bolt on?
deano87

User status: Offline
20th Nov 08 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just how Unlimited is the web bolt on? I can't seem to find any terms on the O2 website, and search results from Google mention there is a fair usage policy of 200mb, which doesn't seem very much. However these articles are from 2007 and mentions O2 changing their terms in Jan/Feb 08.

The O2 website mentions Fair Usage Policy on some pages, but can never find the policy.

I just wondered if people had exceeded 200mb on their phone and what happened etc?

radicalry00

20th Nov 08 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too sure but I know that Vodafone's "fair usage" policy is about 600mb for data. I would imagine it's about the same.
radicalry00

20th Nov 08 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW, if you're worried about exceeding the data allowance there's a number to find out what you've used. Should be on the 02 site somewhere.
Tommy L

20th Nov 08 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fair usage is to cover them if they use it as a modem or something. If its not unlimited then they can just cancel my fucking contract.
Mark1984_SRI

20th Nov 08 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still 200mb. No change there. I work in a call center dealing with the networks, and it's still 200mb on o2.
deano87

20th Nov 08 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not that worried, tbh I only use it in lectures when I can use the Uni WiFi.

You can see what you've used on the O2 website when you sign in.

I just wondered that's all, as the O2 website doesn't seem to mention anything.
deano87

20th Nov 08 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark1984_SRI
Still 200mb. No change there. I work in a call center dealing with the networks, and it's still 200mb on o2.

Rather wank then
Mark1984_SRI

20th Nov 08 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by Mark1984_SRI

Rather wank then

Yup.
myke

20th Nov 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Data Bolt On Terms

* The Web Bolt On allows you unlimited use of Telefónica O2 UK Limited's Edge/GPRS/ 3G networks (as applicable to your handset), for personal internet use via your mobile phone. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
o in, or connected to, any other device including modems;
o to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing; or
o in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.

If O2 reasonably suspectsyou are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the Web Bolt On from your account or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

The Wi-Fi Bolt On allows you unlimited use of The Cloud’s UK Wireless LAN network (and for iPhone users the use of the BT Openzone Wireless LAN network) for personal internet use via your mobile phone. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:

* in, or connected to, any other device including modems;
* to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing; or
* in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers or customers of The Cloud.

If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the Wi-Fi Bolt On from your account or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

Not very specific really.
http://www.o2.co.uk/termsconditions/tariffsandboltons0153
deano87

20th Nov 08 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the same page:

quote:

O2 Web Bolt On

The Web Bolt On allows you unlimited use (subject to this excessive usage policy) of Telefónica O2 UK's GPRS/ 3G networks (as applicable to your handset), for personal internet use via your mobile phone. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
- in, or connected to, any other device including modems;
- to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing; or
- in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.

If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy (including where you use an atypical volume of data as compared to normal users of the O2 Web Bolt On, which will normally be less than 200MB of usage within a one month period), O2 reserves the right to impose standard browsing charges (see www.o2.co.uk for details), impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the Web Bolt On from your account or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
To OPT IN to the O2 Web Bolt On send a free text message containing the keyword "WEB" to 21300 or call free on 2425 from your O2 mobile.
One month minimum term applies. To OPT OUT send a free text message containing the keyword "WEBOFF" to 21300 at least 48 hours before the next payment is due or alternatively call free on 2425 from your O2 mobile.
You may OPT IN or OPT OUT of the service at anytime. However the minimum charge is the monthly fee of £7.50. No refunds will be given.
Benefits of your O2 Web Bolt On apply to use in the UK only. A maximum of one O2 Web Bolt On can be added to your mobile at any one time.
O2 Web Bolt Ons apply to GPRS WAP and/or i-mode but not Circuit Switched WAP. You must have a GPRS handset and your SIM must be GPRS enabled in order to use the O2 Web Bolt On.
Please note O2 Web Bolt Ons cannot be used in conjunction with the WAP 500, Browse & Download or O2 Active Browsing Bolt Ons.
You must have a minimum of 60 pence on your handset balance in order to make a GPRS connection in the UK.
General Bolt On Terms & Conditions apply.

To me, it doesn't say you can't go over

[Edited on 20-11-2008 by deano87]
K2 GTi

20th Nov 08 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive not gone over and i use it alot
Jambo

20th Nov 08 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

voda is not 600mb unless they changed it. Orange is 250mb, o2 is around the same. The only ppl who offer more is tmobile and 3.

radicalry00

20th Nov 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure vodafone is 5/600mb.
Robbo

20th Nov 08 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think people are confused bout this whole unlimtied thing, its not capped at all.. unlimited is in fact unlimited, however (in our case) if you regukrly exceed the limits of 3k texts and 500MB then they reserve the right to cvharge u but thats not to say the 3,001th text will be charged as it wont necessarily, all networks are the same
Jambo

20th Nov 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we dont call ours unlimited, its 250mb of data. Charged above that!
deano87

20th Nov 08 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Think people are confused bout this whole unlimtied thing, its not capped at all.. unlimited is in fact unlimited, however (in our case) if you regukrly exceed the limits of 3k texts and 500MB then they reserve the right to cvharge u but thats not to say the 3,001th text will be charged as it wont necessarily, all networks are the same

That's what I thought tbh - O2 aren't massively clear about it, so can't be that strict.

Not like I'm going to use my E51 with USB cable as a modem
bubble

20th Nov 08 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

there is loads of confusion but people wont listen. like you said, ours is unlimited, however if we feel the need to charge if actually abusing it then we will contact. we have seen accounts of over 15000sms, but because they are legitimate texts we dont do anyhting.

same with data, 500mb is to protect us in the instance that somebody uses their phone as a modem. again, an account earlier, one chap had used over 1600mb on the web-no charge.

deano87

20th Nov 08 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember the story of someone in the news, on holiday in Italy from the US or UK and used his phone as a modem to download the final episode of something like Prison Break.

His bill was £30,000 or something silly
Robbo

20th Nov 08 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes that wa sus, £58k but IIRC we settle dfor £500 in the end to cover costs etc

New Poll