corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » E-Mail Changing, easy way?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E-Mail Changing, easy way?
AdZ9

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 08 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there an easy way to set up some sort of re-direct from an email to a new one. Reason I ask is....

My dad has decided he is probably going to swap providers from BT to Sky (don't know why) and i've always used my email from BT as my personal one for all important stuff so at the moment my email is adam.xxxxxxx@btinternet.com and if he gets sky it won't be there anymore, so is there a way i can get those emails to redirect anywhere?
I am signed up to way to many things to manually go through and change in settings, and i'd probably forget one and lose an important email etc.

I have my own domain, hosting etc which has unlimited emails on it, could i set one up for that somehow to catch all of those emails?

Trust him to want to move after 10+ years of using BT!!
_Allan_

3rd Dec 08 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just moved from BT and it's a piece of piss m8. Log into your online BT Internet email account. On the upper right hand side of the screen is an 'Options' button.
Go to 'POP Access and Forwarding', click on the 'Forwading' option and enter your new Sky email address. All emails will now be automatically forwarded. Spam's included .
However should give time to log into all site/boards and change email addresses . This can be done on each BT Internet account. I had 4 to do.

[Edited on 03-12-2008 by _Allan_]
xa0s
Banned

4th Dec 08 at 05:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As _Allan_ said. Make sure you manually change all your forum account e-mails and so on ASAP. BT won't keep the account open forever.
_Allan_

4th Dec 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think BT leave the account open but downgrade it to a normal joe public account. Mines been open for about 6 weeks still but am not bothered as all the email addresses have been swapped over.

New Poll