corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » New head unit wanted!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New head unit wanted!
Gibbon

User status: Offline
19th Jan 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey,

I'm looking to buy a new head unit for my car becuase my standard one take 20 mins in the morning before it decides to start reading CD's, and I'm guessing i'd get a better sound out of an aftermarket head unit over a stock one. The quality increase in my old Corsa was amazing when I upgraded the head unit.

Ideally, I'd like one like this; http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8304.html but obviously not as expensive...

The thing is, I know it sounds like the girliest thing in the world to say, perhaps a bit queer but my last HU in the corsa had red and blue lights/display together, and it looked shite. Ideally I want something which has a range of colours you can choose from and for all of the display to change becuase the mix of the colours on my old one did my head in. Thats why I chose the one in the example; becuase its all white. Which would be great!

2 other things; I use the steering wheel remote a lot so I'd liek it to work with that and at some point I want to buy a Nokia handsfree kit for the car so id like ti to work with that too.

If anyones got any suggestions that'd be wicked

Cheers for any help!
deano87

19th Jan 09 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it this is a Corsa C?

In terms of your fancy light requirement, you won't really get that unless you spend a bit of extra £.

I have had an £80 Kenwood in mine since Autumn 2006 and it still works 100% fine. Providing you get an up to date Kenwood, they also do a Bluetooth handsfree kit, which includes a lot less wires than any Nokia or Parrot kit like you describe.

In terms of your steering wheel controls and the fact you currently have a standard stereo, you'll need 2 adapter leads which means an aftermarket stereo will work.

Depending if you have a single or double DIN CD player currently, you'll also need a facia plate. Both the facia plate and special leads can be had off the internet much much cheaper than Halfords
Gibbon

20th Jan 09 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit no sorry its a 206 ;D I still visit these boards though (obviously) from my Corsa days, before I drove it up a tree.

Will I be able to get a hansfree kit for my standard stereo? or will i need to go aftermarket to do something like that?
deano87

20th Jan 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, you can get one for the standard stereo. You'll probably need a converter as the standard might not be ISO.

A shop like Car Audio Security should be able to give you answers over the phone

New Poll