corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Funny noise when steering - not Corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Funny noise when steering - not Corsa
C00RSA

User status: Offline
27th Jan 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep getting funny noises from the front of the my car (Vauxhall Calibra) when I steer. It kind of sounds like a tyre scrubbing but louder and it's definately not scrubbing on the arch as I've checked. Also tonight when I came down my drive the wheel was straight and the spring sounded like it was bouncing up and down and squeaking (not like it normally does!!).

It's been to a garage but they won't look as the suspension as they don't look at aftermarket stuff

Was thinking it might be the suspension strut gone on the passenger side but not sure, anyone know as it's driving me up the wall!
C2RL R

27th Jan 09 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old car did that when one of the coil springs snapped.
C00RSA

27th Jan 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
my old car did that when one of the coil springs snapped.

If it's that would it last for the couple of weeks I've been driving with it? Or would the suspension have collapsed?
C2RL R

27th Jan 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine snapped at either the very top or bottom. can't remember which but i didn't notice it at all, apart from the sound it made. it was the MOT testers that pointed it out. yours may be something completely different......cv joint for example. i think i'd be tempted to jack it up and whip off your front wheels to check it out.

New Poll