corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » removing seatbelt

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author removing seatbelt
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Mar 09 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the part of the seat belt system that is attached to the seat (the bit with the red button), it just wont hold the strap part of the seat belt in and obviously needs replacing, having asked around it appears that this was a common with a batch which vauxhall recalled, but vauxhall cant confirm ABE was part of that batch and therefore wont fix it for free, so going to attempt to do it myself, just need to know,

how do i get the thing off from the seat in order to swap if with one from another corsa (providing that all corsa b seat belts are interchangebale?)

if you can hep, many thanks in advance

faz x
Ricky352

10th Mar 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean the pretensioner? I changed mine a couple of weeks ago, very simple just two bolts I think. Best to spray them with WD40 first.
Ricky352

10th Mar 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Youll need to remove the seat if thats it
FAZ
Premium Member

10th Mar 09 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ill describe it to you, when i go to push the atrap end of the seatbelt into the part thats attached to the left hand side of tthe seat (drivers seat btw) it wont engage and just pops back out again
Steveocee

10th Mar 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I removed min over the weekend, you have to take the seats out (2 T45 bolts on each seat) Then it's just a T50 holding a big bolt in where your clip is.

Seat has to be taken out as the bolt is angled downwards at the handbrake tunnel.
Took in all about 10 mins to get the seat out, tensioner off and back in.
(removed due to fitting harnesses)

Mine are for sale if needed U2U me if you want a pair.
Ricky352

10th Mar 09 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
well ill describe it to you, when i go to push the atrap end of the seatbelt into the part thats attached to the left hand side of tthe seat (drivers seat btw) it wont engage and just pops back out again

Ah this bit is attached to the pretensioner cylinder on the other side so youll need to remove both, as above
FAZ
Premium Member

10th Mar 09 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, so take the seat out,m undo the downward angled bolt, replace with one from another corsa b say from scrap yards?

all corsa b seatbelts interchangeable?
Ricky352

10th Mar 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah should be. Once you remove the seat you will see exactly what you have to do. Those bolts that hold the seat down are shit though, I rounded them both off. Spray with WD40 first if you can
FAZ
Premium Member

10th Mar 09 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers guys

btw isnt there a little red fork thing somewhere to stop the airbag going pop? or is this that tensioner thing? ive got the haynes corsa modifying book, is it all in there onr emoving the front seat?
Ricky352

10th Mar 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah i think you have to insert the fork before removing the seats. If you forget this youll have ruined it lol. Itll tell you on the pretensioner what to do
FAZ
Premium Member

10th Mar 09 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys

New Poll