corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » does tis sound like an immoboliser problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author does tis sound like an immoboliser problem
moxon508

User status: Offline
12th Apr 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i turn the ignition on the engine management light comes on and stays on. if i then turn the key to start the car the engine management light flashes on and off. i have put a redtop in the corsa. so would it be the transponder not recognissing the key. car turns over, fuel getting through but no spark.
Richie B

12th Apr 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly. Could try a paperclip test since the EML is on. here's the code for the c20xe, and tells you how to do it at the top: http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm#bosch
Ste L

12th Apr 09 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xe's dont have a built in imobaliser.. so dont think it's that
moxon508

12th Apr 09 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done the paper clip but does not come up with any faults. it does however have a aftermarket alarm on it that does not seem to work on the fobs or key but doesget a 12v supply.a gt 108, charged the battery up and turned the car over. the ecu light stayed on for about 3 seconds then started flashing then went out.
Richardhhha

13th Apr 09 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there will be 2 wires going to the coil feed behind the dash, bridg them and it should start ok, sounds like what was happening to my old xe, also could be fuel relay as mate of mine changed that and it has something to do with spark as well
moxon508

13th Apr 09 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there's 3 wires going to the coil, one has a 12v supply the other 2 look like signal wires. will it be 2 0f those wires.

New Poll