corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » changing rear shocks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author changing rear shocks
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Apr 09 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone got a quick tutorial on changing rear shocks?

jack car up, rear wheel off

17mm bolt off axel, and the shock just falls out?

thanks in advance, faz x x
alan-g-w

17th Apr 09 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't you need to undo the top mount as well? If the corsas have them, I've not had a look. Then it'll drop down towards the ground.

Might even be easier undoing the bottom of the other shocker as well just to get the rear beam out of the way.

[Edited on 17-04-2009 by alan-g-w]
FAZ
Premium Member

17th Apr 09 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers, the top mount? is that 2 nuts like the front? im not near the car so cant check
Sean-B

17th Apr 09 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one bolt on the top accessed through the boot, just behinf your rear seats there is a plastic panel. remove it and youll have access. i think youl need a 9mm spanner to hold the piston, and a 13mm(can't remember exactly) spanner to undo the nut
alan-g-w

17th Apr 09 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only ever done a shocker on my old mk3 astra and it had two top mounts in the boot, as in the two bits a rear strut brace would bolt to.

In the astra you just loosened it with flats on a bit sticking out the top of it. iirc it was a bit of a prick seeing as the shocker kept turning but you need to keep the inner piston 'shaft' (bit you with the flats on) from spinning with it. I ended up having to do it with vise grips - the flats were nowhere near substantial enough for the strain you needed to put on them to turn it.

No doubt someone'll be able to tell you if it's the same setup on the corsa.

[Edited on 17-04-2009 by alan-g-w]
Fonz
Premium Member

17th Apr 09 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

based on the C but close enough

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=323759

nut at the top, bolt at the bottom falls away refit new one. have the car supported at jacking points and also rear axle beam to avoid it dropping to suddenly/far and damaging/braking the brake lines

New Poll